SAFTD F.A.S.T. Handgun
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's “F.A.S.T Handgun” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of handgun "Fundamentals and Safety Training" on your specific handgun.
This course picks up where the TN Handgun Carry Permit Class leaves off, providing a person new to handguns the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of safety, operating, cleaning, and maintaining a handgun in a convenient 4-hour course.
A number of topics will be covered in “F.A.S.T Handgun”. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm
- Gun Safety Rules
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition
- Basic components of your Handgun
- Operation of your Handgun
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Selecting a Handgun and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Handgun
- A modern, serviceable, handgun
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- 100 Rounds of Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo
- Comfortable clothing
- Hydration system/Bottled water
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops
- No shorts, no low cut blouses/shirts
- Baseball Cap
“F.A.S.T Handgun” is also meant as an introductory course for students new to handguns prior to taking SAFTD Defensive Handgun 1.